Monday, December 19, 2016

Hello friends and family!!

This week was a bit crazy!! Tuesday we stayed the night in Hull because Wednesday morning we had to wake up early to go to Huddersfield for a conference. Elder Kearon, the Europe area president, came and spoke to us basically the whole day. It was amazing and he gave me a lot of motivation!! He talked a lot about how we need to stop worrying and just go to work. We each got to shake his
hand before the meeting and I introduced myself and he said "thank you for your service" and, yes, he said that to almost all of the other missionaries BUT it was still amazing to hear him say that to me!

Then Thursday was a pretty normal day but then that night Sister Lundahl and I both were up all night going back and forth to the toilet with food poisoning. (Talk about companionship unity) so we stayed in all Friday. Which was really sad because we were planning on seeing Albert that day AND the ward Christmas Party was also that day. BUT we got to sleep in which was nice! A member was awesome and brought us medicine and some drinks. It was weird to have a day of doing nothing. It was incredibly boring. Then Saturday we felt well enough to go out so we went knocking. We both still felt pretty weak but we were well enough and I said a little prayer before that we would get let in just so we could sit down (and so we could teach the gospel, of course). I knew we would get let in in the street we picked but I figured it would be a "fourth floor, last door" type of thing but good news!! It was the fourth door we knocked on!! BLESSINGS. It was this sweet lady named Mary who used to have the elders come over about two years ago. She is really in to sewing and vintage decorations so her house was so cool!! We are going to start teaching her this week! It was such a blessing to find her and how quickly we found her! Heavenly Father really watches out for us and wants us to
be happy and to have joy! I am so grateful for everything he does. :)

I hope you all have such a great week this week! CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm going to have a great week! :) I definitely will be missing you all just a little bit more this week though. But I am so PUMPED about this week!! Remember to think of the greatest gift of all our Saviour Jesus Christ. :)

I love you all so so much and miss you as well!! xx

Love,
Sister Montgomery


We made some Saffron Buns ( a Swedish treat) Guess which one is mine.


Heading to Huddersfield BRIGHT AND EARLY


Chilling on a bouncy castle for P day


No comments:

Post a Comment