Monday, November 14, 2016

Hello!

Man what a crazy week it has been. I moved to my new area on Tuesday! It was weird because I was by myself for about an hour. It was kind of scary to be honest. I didn't know what to do! But don't worry I made it. Then I met my new companion Sister Lundahl. She is from Sweden! Ah man I already love her so much! She is so cute and funny. Basically this week we have just been meeting members and trying by less actives and trying to find people to teach basically. The sisters in the area before we came were teaching one investigator named Michael. We met him this week. He absolutely loves the church! He says that Joseph Smith is his hero and he loves reading the Book of Mormon especially about Nephi. The only problem is that his family is really against him joining the church. Which is really sad because he's like 70 so he should be able to make his own decisions. But we're still working with him and trying to get that sorted. Hopefully soon! We have quite a few lessons lined up this week with people we have met so we're pretty excited about it. The ward here is amazing! They are all so kind and thoughtful. They really take good care of missionaries here. I already really love this area. People are so nice and so open to hear about the gospel. It's amazing!

Cool Experience: we were walking to a member's house for tea the other day and we saw a guy that was carrying a lot of groceries by himself and we asked if he needed help and he looked a bit shocked that we offered to help him and he accepted our offer. We took some of his bags and started walking with him. We introduced ourselves and he saw our name badges and he was like "oh I'm not religious at all and I'm not really interested in religion" and so, jokingly, I said "ah man well never mind then. Here are your groceries back" and he was a bit confused at first but then he realised I was joking and so he laughed and I think that made him feel more comfortable to talk to us. We all had a really good chat and he kept saying how grateful he was for our help because the bags were very heavy and he had quite a way to walk home. He told us he was going to post about this on Facebook saying how grateful he was for Mormon missionaries! We gave him our card when we got to his house and told him to call us if he ever needed help with anything else. Then we received a text from him thanking us again! It was really nice and hopefully, if anything, we planted a good seed in him. :)
I hope all of your weeks were good and I love you and miss you all so much!! 
xx

Sister Montgomery




We had to climb a wall to get to a member's house.


Do you know the muffin man?


No comments:

Post a Comment