Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 has been the most memorable year of my life and I am so grateful I got to spend the whole year as a missionary. What a wonderful privilege!

This week was pretty good. On Tuesday we had Boxing Day and since we weren't proselyting we ordered food and had a little party at the chapel. The food we ordered was 16 inch donner kebab wraps. Each. Do you know how much 16 inches is? A lot. And I ate the whole thing. It took me like an hour and a half but I did it. I was absolutely wrecked that night though. But it was worth it.

Wednesday we had District Meeting which was super good! The Gateshead elders gave us a couple to go by from Poland. Their names are Patrick and Jadrana. They are so cool! They love that their family can be together forever!

Friday we had MLC. It was probably my favourite MLC. They gave us SO many ideas for Zone training for Zone Conference tomorrow and we are STOKED. They also told us how we can have more effective exchanges with our teams. Also most of our council was on how we can strengthen the missionaries more spiritually.

We had a blitz with South Shields on Saturday! I was with Sister Caughill and she is seriously one of my favourite Sisters to go with because she is a boss and she is hilarious!! We had so much fun and I learned so much from her!

Yesterday was New Years Eve and we were asleep at 10:30.

But I did also finish the Book of Mormon last night! One of my favourite verses is at the end of the Book of Mormon:

Moroni 10:32
32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

I know as we read the Book of Mormon daily and learn more of our Saviour Jesus Christ, we will want to become more like him and we will be more happy! His Atonement can heal us and change us into who Heavenly Father wants us to be!

I hope you all have a great week!! I love you and miss you all!!

Sister Montgomery


MLC


No comments:

Post a Comment