Monday, January 8, 2018

Herro!!!!

Hope all of your weeks were great. Mine sure was. We had Zone Conference this week which was so much fun! To be honest it was probably my favourite Zone Conference. I got so much out of it. Us and the Zone Leaders did our Zone training and it was lit. Like, not to be prideful or anything but seriously. It was good. We did it on "Church POP":

Pre-match (church lesson, church tour, finding a member to greet them, etc)

On the field (at church, answering their questions, having a member sit with them and invite them back for the next week, etc)

Post-match (follow up lesson, answering more questions, committing them to church next week, etc)

And then we gave all the missionaries fizzy pop. It was way good.

We were able to apply the training this week because we had Patrick and Jadrana (the couple Gateshead gave us) and Samuel (the bloke who gave me a chicken nugget on the metro) come to church this week!! They all had a great experience!! Especially Patrick and Jadrana! Jadrana kept telling us over and over again how much she loved it and that she really wants to come back next week!! 🎶There can be miracles!!!!🎶 man it got us so pumped for this week!

Lastly, I was sad to hear about the loss of our beloved Prophet Thomas S. Monson this week. He has been the Prophet for a big portion of my life so he will always have a special place in my heart. At the end of last year, starting in October, President Turvey gave us a Book of Mormon reading challenge. He challenged us to restart the Book of Mormon and read it as a mission and then finish by the end of the year. It was such a powerful experience to be able to read the Book of Mormon as a mission and I know it really strengthened us.

President Monson said this about the Book of Mormon:
"I speak about the power of the Book of Mormon and the critical need we have as members of this Church to study, ponder, and apply its teachings in our lives. The importance of having a firm and sure testimony of the Book of Mormon cannot be overstated.

We live in a time of great trouble and wickedness. What will protect us from the sin and evil so prevalent in the world today? I maintain that a strong testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and of His gospel will help see us through to safety. If you are not reading the Book of Mormon each day, please do so. If you will read it prayerfully and with a sincere desire to know the truth, the Holy Ghost will manifest its truth to you. If it is true--and I solemnly testify that it is--then Joseph Smith was a prophet who saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ."

I know the Book of Mormon is true. I knew it was before I read it again but it's always nice to have reconfirmation of testimony!

I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to share this with people!

I love you and miss you all!!

Sister Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment