Monday, January 29, 2018

Ayyup everybody!

So. This week.

We didn't get a lot of time in our area because we spent a lot of time with sisters. We had an exchange with South Shields, a blitz with North Shields, a blitz with the Chinese sisters, and had a sleep over with Durham. They all went really well and they each had the outcome we wanted them to have! The sisters are on fire right now! It's so good!

As for an update on our area. Sam...got baptised then ran out of the church...definitely the weirdest thing to happen to me. It really got Sister Pinther and I down. We received blessings from the elders which really helped. It was a pretty rough night for us but we received lots of phone calls from missionaries, members, and President and Sister Turvey. They all really helped and brought a lot of comfort. Yesterday it was still pretty rough so last night, I was thinking and I was like "I really don't want this to affect my last week. I want to not focus on it and I want the Spirit with me and I want this awful feeling to leave." So I turned to the scriptures and read Mosiah 7:33 "But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage." That brought so much comfort to me. As long as I do the things necessary to be worthy of the Spirit, I will be able to work my hardest and be guided by Him to have the week He wants me to have.

It was not a weekend I was expecting. But I'm so grateful that my testimony is firm and rooted. I'm grateful that I have a Saviour who already went through all of this so I can have his help when I need it. I'm grateful for the sacrament and that we get to take it each week to receive strength. I don't know what I would have done this weekend if I didn't have the knowledge of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I'm also grateful for all the people we had around us to lift us back up. :)

I love you and miss you all! I hope yous have the best week!!

Sister Montgomery

1 comment:

  1. Belief is the reason we go on a mission. It is the motive for preaching about Christ and sharing/Proclaiming his love. Faith is understanding we are children of God and our Heavenly Father. May this definition of faith bless you in your life. Faith is defined again and because faith has an inherent joy it gives us a solid foundation that we finally have the peace we have been searching for.

    "Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance

    Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.

    Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers"

    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA - The Definition of Faith

    ReplyDelete