Monday, August 22, 2016



HELLO

Okay these last two weeks have been the craziest weeks of my life. So my last week of the MTC: we went to Manchester to talk to people for 2 hours and that was definitely the worst 2 hours of my life. I
definitely may have gone behind a wall and cried for a bit because people were not being nice to me at all. We got back on the bus and I was just bawling. I told myself "as soon as I get back to the MTC I'm going to talk to president Preston and tell him I'm going home." I was so frustrated and upset. I started praying and asking "Heavenly Father, you know I am extremely, sensitive to this stuff, why did you send me on a mission? I can not do this" and then and Elder named Elder Santos came over and started talking to my companion. He is from Brasil and is really struggling with English. He was also really struggling to say my name so he was really practising it. He finally learned it so every time he would see me he would yell "Sister Montgomery!!" It was great. So while I was crying on the bus he said "Sister Montgomery!" And I didn't want to show him I was crying but I didn't want to be rude so I turned to him and he saw me crying, looked me straight in the eye and said "do you know God loves you?" And I started crying even more. And then he was talking more to companion and she was asking him how his English was coming along and he said "you know what? I came out on a mission because I love my Saviour. And yes I'm struggling to learn English but I know I can do it because I have my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ on my side." And I started crying even MORE. But it was a huge help for me and I decided I wasn't going to go home. I was still crying a lot though and could not stop for so long. I still had no idea how I was going to do this. I talked to President and he said that I got through the hardest part. It's only going to get easier from here. And he was so proud of me for staying out and saying I was very brave. It made me feel better but I still could not stop crying. I went to my room and just stared praying and I said "Heavenly Father please lift this burden. I can't keep being a missionary if I'm going to feel like this every time I go tracting." And almost instantly, I stopped crying. And I didn't cry for the rest of the day. I felt SO much better. Guys, I can't tell you enough how much Heavenly Father loves and watches over us. He is on our side and cheering us on. The rest of the week was great. It was really hard to leave the MTC because I loved everyone there.

First week in the field:
Street contacting is definitely not as hard as it was at the MTC because I have someone with me who knows what she is doing. I love her and she helps me so much. Her name is Sister Koepf (Keff). She is from Michigan and she only has 3 toes on one of her feet! We get along really well! My area is called Billingham. My zone leaders are in my district and their names are Elder Norton from California, Elder Boswell from Oregon, my district leader is Elder Stahle from Bountiful Utah, and his companion is Elder Verrieras from France. They are all great people and I'm excited to get to work with them. It's definitely been a better week. I have only had one lesson with an investigator last week and were meeting with him again this week. Hopefully everything goes well with that. The members are great. Everyone loves how strong my accent is. Street contacting is interesting because I'll try to talk to someone and they'll say something like "I'm a lesbian" or "I hope the real God blesses you" and stuff like that. It's great. I'm still trying to get use to the lingo. Okay so in England "pants" means "underwear" and "trousers"'mean "pants" SO I keep saying "hey I like your pants!" And people keep looking down horrified that I can see their underwear so I have to be like "sorry!! Your trousers!! I'm American.." And they're like "ha....yeah thanks" it's fun stuff.

GOOD NEWS. In my flat I found a MICKEY MOUSE ONESIE. My dreams have come true. Okay before this email gets any longer, I should end it. I love you all. Miss you lots!!


My trainer Sister Koepf. I was a bit relieved no one was on the bus


We got bored waiting for a less active member at the bus stop on Sunday.


It was poring rain and I was a bit excited about it


The district (minus the Zone Leaders) on Pday. Watching movies and emailing our families all day. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
Elder Stahle, Sister Koepf, Elder Verrieras
Sporting my Utah necklace and my Snow College hoodie because I miss home lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment