Monday, August 29, 2016

WOW I am so beyond overwhelmed with the amount of emails sent to me this week!! Thank you for all of your love and support back home. This week was DEFINITELY a better week. I have learned so much this week.

1. I have the best friends and family in the whole world and you aren't making it easy to not be with you.
2. I am so blessed to have the life I have back home and that I have the gospel in my life. I meet so many people every day who just don't understand why this gospel is so amazing and important and it breaks my heart.
3. If you take a new experience one moment at a time, it's a lot easier than taking it all at once.
4. I LOVE LIVING IN UTAH. I love having chapels and temples everywhere I look. And I miss that a lot.
5. I have already been out for a month, that was probably the fastest month of my life. People say it only gets faster. If that's true, I'll be home before I can say "I want to go home"
6. This is the most important. The Lord will NEVER leave you alone. He is by your side always and wants to help you. If you let him, He WILL help you. It may not be the way you expect, but he will. I PROMISE He will. He loves all of His children and wants us to have joy in this life. I have felt my Father in Heaven's love for me more than I ever have in life. "My brothers and sisters, the first great commandment of all eternity is to love God with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength--that’s the first great commandment. But the first great truth of all eternity is that God loves us with all of His heart, might, mind, and strength. That love is the foundation stone of eternity, and it should be the foundation stone of our daily life. Indeed it is only with that reassurance burning in our soul that we
can have the confidence to keep trying to improve, keep seeking forgiveness for our sins, and keep extending that grace to our neighbor...His divine love and unfailing help will be with us even when we struggle--no, will be with us especially when we struggle." (Elder Holland)

I taught so many lessons and we have five new investigators this week (I told you if you keep faith in Him and ask for help, he will bless you). We had two investigators at church which was also a huge
blessing!! I'm learning and growing so much and I'm so grateful to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love my Savior. I love the opportunity to serve. Stay safe everyone.
I love you and miss you like crazy!!!!

Love,
Sister Montgomery


MY NEW MICKEY MOUSE ONESIE. (Don't worry mom I washed it)


I killed a spider as big as a GOLF BALL. (Not an exaggeration. There was a golf ball next to it and I compared) and yes, dad I killed it by myself. I may have also said a prayer right before I killed it. I vacuumed it up because I didn't want to touch it at all. Sister Koepf: just leave it in there and we'll deal with it in the morning. Me: I don't want it in our house. I then went and flushed Satan's minion.
We got parmo (fried chicken with cream and cheese heart attack) and fish and chips to celebrate my month mark and Sis Koepf's 6 month mark. The parmo was DELICIOUS. The fish wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I'll have it again but it's not my favourite. CUTE COMPANIONS!
If you're wondering what my hair looks like after a rainy day in England. (It's definitely not as bad as I thought it would be but still a bit frizzy)

No comments:

Post a Comment