Monday, September 19, 2016

Hello all!

This week was pretty good. We met this lady on the street and she had just come from her mother's funeral but she was talking about how they didn't mourn, they just we're happy that her suffering is done and she's in a better place. She definitely was drunk and she gave us really long hugs and tried to kiss me but I didn't let her.

We went on exchange with the sister training leaders and it was a lot of fun! I got called a bible basher so I guess you could say I'm officially a missionary!

We walked passed this little boy and he looked at me and, in a snooty voice, he said "hey specs" but jokes on him because Specs is one of my favourite Newsies.

Today we went to Middlesborough and we went to a Chinese buffet called Banana Leaf. It was amazing! I got a Chinese plate and then they also had some American food so I got chicken nuggets and fries and green jello and I came to the table and the elders were like "could you be more Mormon, Sister Montgomery?" And in the most Utah accent I could use I said "I'm from Utah". It was good times.

We struggled to find people to teach last week but we feel really good about this week. I hope all is well with everyone.

Fun facts:

-everyone calls me "love" "darling" "flower" etc, and if that could still be a thing when I get back I would love it.

-everyone here loves the Osmond's. As soon as we mention that we are Mormon they immediately go "Donny Osmond!!" There was even this lady on the bus the other day that was like "yeah he turns 59 in November (I think? I don't remember)" and told me how many kids he has and how many grandkids he has. It was really funny.

I love you and miss you all!!!! xx



Exchange with Sister Berg (from Norway) and Sister Wood (from Ogden, Utah)


There is a member with about 8 dogs and 44 cats



"Well, one of us is going to have to change." We went all day without noticing that we matched.


A member gave us Kool-Aid!!!!!!!!!!!


Today at Banana Leaf


My "Mormon Meal" from the Chinese buffet




No comments:

Post a Comment