Monday, September 5, 2016

Hello!!

Wow this week was amazing and it flew by!! Being on a mission is so much fun!! So many interesting things have happened this week.

Sister Koepf and I got asked on a date by two guys who really wanted to feed us Kurdish food. It was very tempting but we had to say no. I met two deaf guys and I was SO excited that they were deaf!! I was like "my two years of sign language in high school are finally going to pay off!" So we were trying to sign to each other and I wasn't understanding them, they weren't understanding me, and I was like "what the heck?? What is going on??" And then I realised British sign language and American Sign Language are two completely different things...

We've been teaching this guy from Iran who speaks Persian and we've really been trying to help him understand the priesthood. So I asked him "do you understand what the priesthood is?" And he said yes so I said "so do you understand why it's important to be baptised by someone holding that priesthood?" And he said yes so I said "so will you be baptised by someone holding that priesthood?" And he said yes so Sister Koepf said "we're holding a baptismal service on the 30 of September, will you prepare yourself to be baptised on that day?" And he was like ".....you want me to be baptised again?" (He's already been baptised in the baptist church) and we were like "......yes" so then the next lesson we had with him (which was yesterday) we found out that the whole time we've been saying priesthood he thought we were saying Protestant.... So we cleared that up for him and I think he finally understands why our church is different so he said he's going to pray about it (woot woot)

On the bus the other day a lady saw my name tag and said "I went to Salt Lake City!" And I said "no way! I'm from there!" And I asked her why she was there and she told me she visited the temple and the family history centre and I asked her how she felt while she was there and she was like "oh it was amazing. There is just something so special about you guys and I felt absolutely amazing while I was in Utah" and I was like "that is so awesome! So have you thought about taking our lessons then and learning more about us?" And almost immediately she was like "no. Absolutely not"and I was like"....what?" And she was like "I don't believe in God. I really want to, I've always been envious of people like you who have such strong faith in him and I want that but I just can't get it" and I was like
"well you know, that's why I left my home in beautiful Utah so I can share with people how to get that faith. It's really simple actually. I just share the tools I use." And she was like "no. It was lovely talking to you but no" and that was it. So that was great. It made me really really sad actually.

Fun facts:

-I see red mini coopers and light blue Jaguars everywhere in England
so it makes me feel like I'm back home with my mum and dad

-everyone thinks we're Canadian

Anyways, it's been fun. It's been real. It's been real fun. Keep it fresh, mates.

Love,
Sister Montgomery


We found this cute little guy while we were knocking

No comments:

Post a Comment