Monday, August 7, 2017

This week went so fast! Tuesday we visited a bunch of less-actives and recent converts and then the sisters from Doncaster came and stayed the night since we would be going to Huddersfield bright and early the next morning! I didn't have to get up as early as last Mission Conference though which was good.

Wednesday was so amazing!! We had a mission fast from Tuesday to Wednesday and it was so powerful to do that! It really prepared us spiritually to hear from an Apostle of the Lord. We got a mission picture with him and we each got to meet him and the other brethren afterwards. It was such a powerful meeting. The Spirit was so strong and I learned so much!! They talked a lot about our success this past month and how we need to keep that going on into the next month, and the next, and the next, etc. I also loved being with all the missionaries in my mission again. I have so much love for all of them and for my mission President and his wife. We were singing Called to Serve and I was just looking around at all of them and just started to cry because I love them so much and it was just a really great day.

Friday we had MLC. It was really good!! But it was also so sad because so many missionaries are leaving this transfer and it's going to be rough without them. But we just have to keep the amazing work they have done going. They have all had such an impact on my mission and all that I have learned, I learned from them. I'm going to miss them so much! I just cried all day basically.

Yesterday Sister Eschgfäller got really sick and slept basically all day so I was incredibly bored all day. We did get to go to church in the morning which was really nice! We had so many recent converts, less-actives, and even an investigator give their testimonies!! It was one of the most spiritual fast and testimony meetings I have been to.

Spiritual Thought: in 1 Nephi 5, Nephi goes to Laban to get the plates from him which has the genealogy of his father, Lehi. They tried a few different things with no success and Nephi decides to try one more time. This is was he says: 6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do. 7 Nevertheless I went forth, I love Nephi's faith in these two verses. He had no idea what he was going to do or how he was going to approach Laban but he trusted the Lord and knew He would provide. Nephi is such an amazing example to us of letting Heavenly Father be in charge and knowing He knows best.

I love you all! Have a lovely week!

Sister Montgomery


This is our picture with Elder Ballard!


😭😭😭😭😭



Our MTC group a year later!


My cute family💕


MLC


Elder Boswell and Elder Norton (my first Zone Leaders) and Sister
Koepf (my trainer) are all leaving me at the same time. I'm going to
miss them so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment