Monday, October 24, 2016

Hello friends and family!!

This week was amazing! It was such an uplifting week! I had my first interview with President Turvey since I came into the field. It was really good and he gave me some great advice on how to be more authentic with people when I talk to them on the street or on the bus. I also had the chance to talk to Sister Turvey while Sister Koepf was talking to President. Ah man she is great! She is so funny and I absolutely love her! I told her about the huge spider I had to kill when I first came into the field and I told her that I said a prayer first before I killed it and she thought that was the funniest thing she ever heard.

AND THEN!!!! Saturday came!!!! Okay but first, the night before, we had 10 sisters staying in our flat because we had to meet at the chapel at FIVE A.M. THE NEXT MORNING. It was crazy because we only have four beds and two couches...So it was an adventure. So we got up at 3:30 IN THE MORNING. For anybody who knows me, knows I am not a morning person so I was not a happy Sister Montgomery when the alarm went off. But it was SO WORTH IT BECAUSE WE WERE GOING TO HEAR FROM PRESIDENT NELSON. We all had the chance to shake hands with him so when it came to my turn, he shook my hand and said "good morning Sister Montgomery" and all I could think was "good heavens an apostle just said my name". I was absolutely speechless. All I could do was smile back at him. Elder Donald L. Hallstrom of the Presidency of the Seventy, Bishop Gerald Causse, Presiding Bishop, Elder Patrick Kearon, Europe Area President, Elder Gary B. Sabin of the Europe Area Presidency and all of their wives were there as well so we went down the line shaking all of their hands. I managed to start saying good morning to all of them. Bishop Causse was the last one in the line and he shook my hand and said "good morning Sister Montgomery. It is so lovely to have you here with us" I could not stop smiling after that. Wow it was so amazing. They all then spoke to us about being disciples of Christ. Except for President Nelson. He basically just turned to some scriptures and we just had a big scripture study with him. It was SO AMAZING. And at the beginning he told us he was excited for us to be able to email home and tell everyone we heard from 5 general authorities. So here it is! My email back home about how I heard from 5 general authorities! And it was SWEET. It was such a marvellous opportunity and I will never forget it. I love you and miss you all!

Thank you for all your love and support!! xx

Love,
Sister Katie Montgomery





This is how we determine if we have lost weight or not. We fit perfectly in the bus stop benches.


We went to a Harry Potter event at Preston Park today


"Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin."


We found the weirdest costumes


I didn't quite make it



No comments:

Post a Comment