Monday, October 24, 2016

Hey so this week was great!!

This week has definitely been my favourite so far! First, I'll explain the subject line. There is a less active member who recently started coming back to church. His name is Keith and he looks and sounds very similar to Sylvester Stallone! He invited us over for tea at the beginning of the week and it was so good! We had a beef stew and potatoes and he told us all about how he used to be a boxer and everyone called him "Rocky". And he told us a lot of stories about how he used to be a fisherman as well! It was so fun!! He has invited us over again this week and he is going to cook us salmon! I am pretty stoked about it!

Okay, next story. We were heading home from what was supposed to be an appointment (but they didn't show up) and we were on the bus. I was sitting in the back and there were two chavs (a chav is basically a wanna be gangster who always wears Adidas track suits and is usually vaping or smoking) right behind me. I turned around and asked them a question and then one of them (Ben) said, reading my name badge, "Sister Montgomery" and I said "yeah! Have you seen many people with these name badges around?" And they were like "yeah yeah. What religion is it again?" And I said "Mormons" and they said "oh yeah! No drinking, no smoking.." And I said "yeah! Exactly!" And at this point,
there was a guy who was across from me (Taz) who started to listen when Ben said that. Then I asked them if they were religious or believed in God and they said no. Then we got on the topic of the
after life. Then the guy across from me finally spoke up and said "where are you from?" And I told him America and I asked if he was religious and he said no and Ben and his friend were like "yeah!
Thumbs up, mate!" and he asked what religion I was and I told him Mormon and he asked what that was so Ben said again "no drinking, no smoking." And he said "oh I don't like drinking" and I said "yeah! See? Now I can give him a thumbs up!" And they laughed at that. Then we all were talking about God and the after life and then Taz mentioned that he used to be Muslim and Ben was like "ah the Koran!" And Taz said yes. Then Ben's friend said "so you have the Koran, and then there's the bible" and then I grabbed a Book of Mormon from my bag and said "and we have the Book of Mormon!" And they all looked at me confused so I asked if they had ever seen it and they said no so I
started to explain what the Book of Mormon is and then I said "but I only have one so you'll have to fight over it" and Ben and his friend were like "oh we don't want it" and Taz said "actually, can I have
it?" And I said "yeah of course!" And then at this point, the girl in front of Taz started to listen and we got on the topic of God and the after life AGAIN. But this time, the girl in front of Taz started to
give her input as well and she was on my side! So I'm basically teaching the whole back of the bus at this point. But, unfortunately my stop came so I gave them all Mormon.org cards and told Ben "no
drunk phone calls". And then, because I'm Katie, as I was getting off the bus and saying goodbye to my new friends I rammed into the pole that people use to hold onto when they are standing on the bus and THEN I got stuck on the door as I was stepping off the bus. They all started laughing at me and as I walked passed the window they were all waving and laughing so I just waved back. Then Sister Koepf was like "Sister Montgomery!!" And I said "what just happened?" And she was like "the whole bus was listening to you guys! I was trying to talk to a guy but we both just wanted to listen to you so we stopped talking and just listened to you" It was really fun!! Anyways, those were the
highlights of my week!

I love you and miss you all! xx

Love
Sister Montgomery

This is Keith or "Rocky" (this picture doesn't do it justice. He really looks
like Sylvester)


This is Keith or "Rocky". This picture doesn't do him justice, he really does look like Sylvester Stalone.
 

We found a cute little pathway


Look, mom! I learned how to crochet!

No comments:

Post a Comment